- 6 Portabella mushrooms, stemmed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ lb penne pasta¾ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram or oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the grill, heat to high. In the meantime, prepare mushrooms by cleaning them and brushing with vegetable oil, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Oil rack and grill mushrooms stem-side down for 5 minutes. Turn mushrooms and grill for 3 more minutes or until tender. Cool slightly and slice. Cook penne in a pasta pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve 3 Tbs of cooking water, then drain pasta. Toss pasta with reserved cooking water, mushrooms, Pecorino, marjoram and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.