Food lovers, you know all the best restaurants in Lincoln, but do you know which wineries feature the best food? From bistro to food truck, we’ve rounded up your food lovers’ guide to the winery hotspots of Lincoln. Each winery brings its own flavors and atmosphere, so use this guide to find the perfect dining experience for you.
Culinary Variety: A Tour of Lincoln’s Winery Dining Scene
It’s a known fact that winemakers love their food. Many of the local winemakers on the scene have joined other restaurants in Lincoln in offering diverse culinary experiences. But this time, you get to discover a new ingredient: wine!
Wise Villa Winery features award-winning wines and the only full-service restaurant in Lincoln, featuring a Tuscan-inspired menu and breathtaking vineyard views. Ciotti Cellars is the home of multiple generations of winemakers, who continue to pair premium handcrafted wines with food trucks and music on Saturdays.
Lone Buffalo Vineyards also hosts a heavy rotation of food trucks and pairs them with their down-to-earth, food-friendly wines. And Dono dal Cielo is a single-estate vineyard that pairs the best food trucks with their terroir-driven wines.
Signature Dishes and Pairings You Don’t Want To Miss
From burgers to lobster, there are so many standout dishes to choose from. But a unique experience is created when you pair the best dishes with the perfect wines. Here are some of our favorite local gems.
- Cousins Maine lobster roll + Lone Buffalo Vineyards Dreamcatcher Sparkling Rosé
- Wise Villa Winery’s steak bites over creamy mashed potatoes + their Touriga Nacional
- Charcuterie + Ciotti Cellars Sangiovese Rosata
- Engine 41 wood fired pizza + Dono dal Cielo Hummingbird Zinfandel
Choose by Ambiance: From Cozy Nooks to Scenic Views
Each winery has a different atmosphere, so you can choose your own adventure depending on the mood or experience you desire.
- Wise Villa Winery is romantic and picturesque, featuring a full-service Tuscan-style gourmet restaurant with internationally themed food in a vineyard reminiscent of Tuscan hills.
- Lone Buffalo Vineyards is laid back and down-home, featuring a sunny patio where wine is poured, music is played, and new friends are made.
- Ciotti Cellars is casual and warm, featuring family and fur-baby-friendly areas to pour wine and eat food.
- Dono dal Cielo is serene and comfortable, with an indoor air-conditioned tasting room, a breezy patio, and an expansive grassy space to stretch out.
Exclusive Events: Beyond the Regular Menu
Here are some special events and unique culinary experiences offered by the winery restaurants in Lincoln.
- Wise Villa Winery Sip & Paint Valentine’s Edition – January 25th 5pm-7pm
- Grajeda’s Mexican at Dono dal Cielo Winery – January 20th 12pm-4pm
- JJ’s Fusion Eats at Smokin’ Barrel Winery – March 2nd
Insider Tips: Navigating Lincoln’s Winery Scene
Food enthusiasts know their way around a restaurant, but there are some winery-specific things you may want to keep in mind.
Know the peak seasons and make appointments. Wineries are especially busy on weekends and in the summer and fall during harvest. Be sure to call ahead with your party number to ensure that you and your guests receive the best service possible.
Keep tabs on social media. Wineries will often post special events, food truck schedules, and upcoming live music events. Often, they’ll allow you to bring your own picnic on days they don’t serve food.
Fur babies are often allowed, but not always. Many wineries have ample space for dogs to play and welcome the whole family, but sometimes wineries serve food in-house and can’t permit your pooch.
Now you have everything you need to find the most exceptional winery and food pairings throughout Lincoln. Don’t forget your appetite!