– 1 Tri-Tip Roast (1.5 to 2 lbs.)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 8 small red-skinned potatoes, cut into quarters
– 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
– 2 teaspoons minced garlic
– 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
Heat oven to 425°F.
• Combine seasoning ingredients; season Tri-Tip Roast with 1/2 of the seasoning. Combine remaining seasoning with oil in large bowl, add potatoes and onions, then toss to coat.
• Place roast in roasting pan. Arrange the potatoes and onions around roast.
• Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Broil for 4-5 minutes to get the potatoes a little extra crispy.
• Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Carve roast against the grain and serve with your favorite salad.