join the wise villa family
For all positions, apply by sending your resume and letter of interest to [email protected]. Feel free to drop by during business hours with your resume and to introduce yourself if you highly desire the position.
Wise Villa Winery is currently seeking a motivated professional to take on a leadership role in our hospitality department. The individual in this role is responsible for managing the day to day operations of our bistro and tasting room. The primary goals of the tasting Room team are to provide great hospitality, wine, education, and to recruit new wine club members. Previous experience and multifaceted skill set is essential, as this role requires a high attention to detail and exceptional hospitality. Some duties required include overseeing inventories, training and development of others, administrative tasks, tasting & tour experiences, salesmanship and the safety & well-being of staff and visitors. Routine computer work will be required daily, as well as outreach of brand through networking and offsite tastings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Successfully oversee and implement all aspects of the Bistro and tasting room operations: sales, customer service needs, inventory accuracy, cash reconciliation, shipping orders, staff scheduling and training.
- Provides clear, on-going communication to Bistro and tasting room team providing consistent and timely direction, establishing specific and clearly communicated performance goals and delivering meaningful regular performance reviews.
- Monitoring tasting room and Bistro performance through delivery of monthly sales and referral reports.
- Promotes the Wise Villa Winery winery brand and develops a solid client base including wine club members by planning and developing events and outreach strategies for Bistro, tasting room, winery and website promotions.
- Train and develop associates so they represent the highest level of hospitality available in the wine industry with an emphasis on customer service and wine education.
- Executes hospitality events and visitor programs.
- Possess commanding knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) systems as well as training staff in usage.
- Supports trade hospitality events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Placer Counties largest and California’s most awarded winery is looking for a Regional Sales Manager for the Bay Area regions.
Responsibilities include sales to retail establishments and restaurants within the allocated region.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of wine/liquor sales to existing mid to high-end restaurants and grocery retailers. Experience selling to wine specialty stores and boutique retailers is a plus.
Our current customers include Costco, Total Wine & More, BevMo, as well as dozens of renowned restaurants.
College degree or equivalent experience will receive preferred consideration.
The traditional restaurant equivalent of this role is called “server,” but at Wise Villa our food is all about pairing with our estate wine.
Continuous training and education are key components of this job.
Positive attitude, an outgoing personality, and a love for working with people are absolute musts.
Experience in a food & beverage or related hospitality setting (restaurant, bar, winery, etc) is also required for this position. Tips are excellent.
The hostess is potentially the most important role at Wise Villa since that person is the first to greet guests and is responsible for setting the tone around the entire customer experience.
Duties include coordinating tables and seating in the Bistro and Patio areas.
Applicants must be people-oriented and be able to make all customers feel welcome.
Play an important role in our culinary team as a line cook.
Seasonal winemaking crew member will participate in all parts of the winemaking process during the summer-fall winemaking season. This is a hard labor job involving lots of cleaning, manual labor, but also requiring using your smarts and mechanical skills.
Job starts in August and continues until November.
Status: Seasonal Full Time